Rockingham County is now a proud participant in the online history project DigitalNC (http://www.digitalnc.org/), and we have our very own Rockingham County Legacy page! In presenting this resource to the community, Rockingham County Public Library joins DigitalNC in the belief that community history is life enriching and meant to be celebrated.
Visit Rockingham County Legacy: A Digital Heritage Project (http://www.digitalnc.org/exhibits/rockingham-county-legacy/), and see what treasures you find in the collections of images, memorabilia, yearbooks, and city directories. Search by keyword, material type, or by contributing institution.
Contributors to Rockingham Legacy: A Digital Heritage Project include:
• Museum & Archives of Rockingham County
• Rockingham Community College
• Rockingham County Public Library
• Stoneville Public Library
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
* Rockingham County Public Library’s current work with DigitalNC is made possible by a LSTA EZ Digitization Grant for the year 2014-15. This grant is made possible through funding from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.